5.22.2015

Silver Dollar City

My Mom and I bought Season Passes to Silver Dollar City this year and we decided to take a day trip with the girls. Bray didn't get to come because this trip was for non-rollercoaster goers but we've promised her and Brax another trip down and we will ride all the big ones! I love big coasters but its been a few years since I've gotten to do them all in one day...guess we will see how I hold up! Eek! 
I decided to save some time and money both and pack a picnic. It ended up being a fabulous idea, as we were able to eat and get going within just a few minutes of being there! 

Tylee discovered the face-painting store last time we were there and that was the first stop that the littles wanted to make. Brecca thought she was too old to get hers done, already a middle-schooler! 
First look! 
After the face-painting, we went and rode some rides and played some games in the Grand Exposition. A lot of them were pretty mild for Brecca but when I asked her if she was having fun, she said she just liked being there. I'm with ya girl, I love this place! 


Those smiles above were before the Huck and Finn adventure ride - the only ride that my Mom wanted to do. We all knew that you got wet on that ride but didn't think we'd get soaking wet. WRONG! Just a few seconds in Tylee realized her face paint was GONE and the tears started to fall. Everyone was soaked and miserable but we could not stop laughing. Way to go, Mom! Everyone recovered and since we were already wet, decided to ride Brecca's favorite ride, The Lost River. Twice! 


After a few more rides, we finished up with some Dippin Dots and talked about how we squeezed more in to those 6 hours than we typically do in 10! There is usually 12 or more of us all with different agendas so it was nice to focus on just a few kids for once! Brecca rode 3 rides that she had never done before (and has been there 10+ times) and the littles had the best day ever! 
After we wrapped things up at Silver Dollar City, we headed to Lamberts to soak up all the fun we could get out of the day! We were all wet and pretty rough looking but figured lots of people stop by Lamberts after a trip to good 'ol SDC!  
Such a fun day with the people I love and I cannot wait to get our use out of that Season Pass and head back! Summer here we come! 

No comments: