5.21.2015

School is out for the Summer!

Another year has flown by! I cannot believe that it is officially summer! Tylee had such a great school year. She thrived academically and is doing so, so well. (Her favorite day of the week is Sunday because that means she has a full week of school ahead of her to learn about history!) Needless to say, she was sad that First Grade came to an end. 
I always just expected Tylee to be a good student. The thought that she may not be never crossed my mind. I was always book smart and never had to try very hard to get A's in school. TJ is incredibly street smart and knows about things that I wouldn't have ever have even thought about. Thankfully, Tylee inherited both of those traits from us. She left Kindergarten knowing how to read and her comprehension took off in 1st grade. Her test scores were (literally) off the charts and she actually got a gifted recommendation mid-year. Talk about proud parents! After extensively researching the program and its qualifications we decided to wait and see what 2nd grade brings, possibly testing her mid-year. Currently, she is reading books about Abraham Lincoln for fun and knows more about the solar system than I do - and that was my favorite subject! To say we are blessed is an understatement - 1st grade treated us well! 
Her BFF, Charli
Her teacher, Mrs. Roberts


Her maturity has taken off as well. The girls at work have kids 2 years older than Tylee and I remember when they were in 2nd grade. I always thought, "Now THAT is the age!" Their kids could get their own snack, sat quietly in the chair and read their book, held adult conversations, and were just all around good kids. Tylee has came so far since starting school and I'm seeing more and more glimpses of a mini-adult in her. I love those moments where we can just talk like friends and have totally normal conversations about anything and everything.

Some before and afters: 

Not much change this year! 

No comments: