3.25.2015

The Trollope's Take Branson

As I've said here many times, I love, love, love Branson. TJ, on the other hand, not so much. He does enjoy doing things with his family so when I mentioned a little Spring Break trip, he cordially obliged. My goal was to make him love the town and although I'm not certain I was successful, he did mention going back. That is a big step! We headed straight for Silver Dollar City and I couldn't wait to show him all the fun things that we love! The first stop was Tylee's favorite ride - the elephants! He was actually surprised that she would ride them, let alone by herself! I was the exact opposite and was disappointed that she still wanted to ride them, even by herself! Unfortunately, my family doesn't share my love of roller coasters and were both perfectly content on the kiddie rides! 

Tylee has been obsessed with basketball lately so as soon as she saw this game, she just had to do it. I secretly wanted her to lose so we didn't have to carry around a basketball all day but I also didn't want to waste our $10. Lose-lose situation! 
She won! 


After we finished up at the Grand Exposition, we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the new area, Firemans Landing. It was packed and since we bought Season Passes, we looked around a bit and got the heck out of dodge! I think it'll be fun once the craziness calms down! 

We typically go to Branson when it is 105 degree outside so face-painting is not an option. We took advantage of the cooler temperatures and this was actually Tylee's first time to ever have it done!

She loved it! 

We stayed down at The Landing and really enjoyed the area. We ate dinner overlooking the river, shopped around a little, and watched the fountains that evening. When we got up the next morning, we hit up Build-a-Bear (so Tylee could spend her money) and headed to the Outlet Malls - a must in Branson! 

We were headed to Dixie Stampede that afternoon but finished up a bit early so had some time to kill before our show started. Again, what else do you do in Branson when you have a little extra time? Go-karts! 
 And Ice cream! 

I've always wanted to go to Dixie Stampede but there is usually 14 of us and it is pretty expensive. I figured Tylee was prime age and who knew if I'd get TJ down there again so I took advantage of being a family of 3 and went ahead and bit the bullet. It was really neat and Tylee loved the horses but I'd say it is a once in a lifetime experience. Been there, done that and we will spend our money on something else next time! 
Tylee was pretty mesmerized and I hope it left her with lasting memories! There was no photography allowed but I know my way around my camera well enough that no one even noticed I was snapping photos. What was the worst they could do? Delete them? 
We wrapped up our day at Bass Pro in Springfield before heading home. It was a pretty fun couple of days and I hope we can do it again soon! 



No comments: