9.18.2014

Labor Day

Labor Day is always such a bittersweet holiday for me. I love fall and football, pumpkin candles and soups in the crockpot. But summer is my 1st love. My love language. And I get so sad when she has to go. 

Since we didn't go to the lake over 4th of July, all 4 of Lindsey's kids wanted to go down on Labor Day. How can you say no to this sweet face? I can't, that's how! It was a jammed packed weekend with all 6 kids, lots of swimming, boating, and FUN! 
I taught myself how to french braid a few weeks ago and have only done a few braids. 8 braids later and a cleaned up crew, I'm a pro! 
My brother, Erin and Lowen came around noon on Saturday and we headed to the beach! I think riding in the back of the truck is one of the kids favorite parts about the lake! 
I think all the kids would rather just swim at the beach, while the adults love going on the boat. This is probably why...it is an automatic nap-maker! 
My Dad initially told the kids that we weren't going to Serenity point, then he drove straight there. That's what Gpas are for! 
All was well until my Dad caught a copperhead around the dock...with umpteen kids swimming nearby. Let the chaos ensue! 
That's pure joy right there! 
Uncle Lance passing on his wisdom about mussels. 
Cutest dirt and chocolate face I've ever seen! 
And then we did it all over again on Sunday. Such a fun weekend! 
When I look at pictures like these, I can't help but to think of all the memories being created within these kids. It is overwhelming to even think about the joy this place brings them (and me!) except thankfully, I am able to grasp it because I have these same memories with all of my cousins, just like this, from my childhood. And I'm so thankful I do. 

No comments: