7.22.2014

Happy 6th Birthday, my love!

Tylee went to her first sleepover last February and although I agree Kindergarten is a tad early to start these things, I was more than happy to let her go and have the experience. She loved it and has talked non-stop about the sleepover she was having for her birthday ever since. Yes, it's been a looooong 5 months. Well the day finally came and Tylee couldn't have been any more excited. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. 

Since we had just gotten back from San Antonio, I wasn't going to do anything major for her party. No custom invitations, no balloons, just a small goody-bag, a simple cake/cupcakes...guess where I found myself 3 hours before it started? Wal-mart - getting stuff to put together a fancy table for her party. Note to self - vacationing right before TJ and Tylee's birthday is a bad idea. Thankfully, it all came together just in time!

Tylee invited her 3 best friends from school and a friend of ours little girl that she is close with. I was nervous about the mix of girls but it went better than I could've ever imagined! I definitely learned that 3 is a crowd and we need to stick with groups of 4+ or only one other friend. Luckily, we had gotten our pool (post on that coming soon) just in time for the party and the girls couldn't wait to swim. That lasted all of 5 minutes before they moved on to pickle sickles and sunbathing in the driveway. 
Then presents...
 tie-dyeing... 
and back to the pool! 

It was such a fun and memorable night for Tylee and definitely gave me a glimpse into my future! I had clothes, accessories, and shoes scattered from one end of my house to the other. They did make-up, played dress-up, braided hair, danced, and put on shows - with absolutely no fighting! I'm so proud of Tylee and the little girl she has become and I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

1 comment:

Sunni said...

Great photos! Loads of cuteness, too. :) Happy #6