6.20.2014

The Trollopes Take Texas, Day 1

A couple years ago, I planned a trip to Texas so that we could take Tylee to Sea World. I had figured fuel mileage, motels, ticket prices, meals - everything budgeted and planned out perfectly. Well, life got in the way and we never took the trip but last week, my Excel spreadsheet was finally put to use. It all came together just as I had planned back in 2011, which was wonderfully. 

Our first stop was the Ft. Worth Zoo. We debated back and forth between the zoo or The Stockyards and finally decided that this trip was for Tylee and she would probably like the zoo better. Tylee did great in the car but that came as no surprise, as she had everything in the world to entertain her. That back seat was stocked as though she was basically sitting in the living room. 
 The #1 thing I've heard about the Ft. Worth Zoo is that it is has lots of shade and picnic areas. That being said, of course we had to pack a picnic! It was perfect. 
 And then it was off to explore all that the zoo had to offer. 
Checking out the map with Daddy.
 We've been to a lot of zoos in Tylee's 5 short years. (Tulsa, Wichita, Tulsa, Omaha, Kansas City, Independence) I think this was the 6th zoo that we've been to so it had a lot of competition. It was beautiful, shaded, organized, and wasn't too spread out. I don't have a bad thing to say about it but Kansas City Zoo is still my favorite. I have a feeling that we just happened to hit KC on a really, really good day and if I went back, it wouldn't be anything our of the ordinary. That is the fun thing about zoos though, you just never know what you are going to get! 

Next up, San Antonio! 

No comments: