6.04.2014

Summer is here!

I had such a crappy winter that I am even more excited that summer is finally here. I enjoy something about every season but nothing compares to the sun-shiny days of June, July, and August. The lake, pool parties, popsicles, flip-flops, tan lines and BBQ's, hell - even mowing the yard! Compare that to the dreary days of January and February when it is dark when you leave the house and dark when you get home - no Thank You! And nothing means "It's summer!" to me more than a weekend at Grand Lake. Bring on the fun! 
Headed straight to Grandma's
We brought some goodies in case it rained, which came in handy. It wasn't your typical Memorial Day with the cooler temps we've had but it was still wonderful to get away and see my family again.
Lindsey and Nathan came down on Sunday but thankfully, Janis brought Brynna down to entertain Tylee with her on Friday night. They were up and doing smoke bombs in jammies by 7am...
and ready to go swimming with their cousin Addie by 8am! 
We waited on Papa to get up and got on the boat around noon. It was cooooold and rough. Not really a fun day on the water, so we cut it short and hoped for a better day on Sunday. 
When the other kids got there on Sunday, you would've thought they hadn't swam or boated in ages. Everyone was pretty gung-ho to get back to the water! 
And that we did! 

I should've learned my lesson by now that the big weekends aren't really the good weekends to go down. I enjoy them because there is always so much family around but they are horrible for boating and swimming! When I was a kid, my lake memories involve finding a spot to park out in the lake and cooking hot dogs on the shore; boating to the bridges and tying up to swim; going out to eat on the water; going to Dripping Springs...just spending the entire day out on the lake. This weekend? I was even sea-sick! I'm hoping to get a few scheduled dates on the calendar for the summer that don't involve holiday weekends but either way, they are all pretty great. 

Welcome summer, I'm glad your here and I hope you can stay awhile! 

No comments: