8.22.2013

First Day of Kindergarten

I'm happy to report that we made it through this morning with minimal tears. We had plenty shed last night and even had a few "I don't wanna go, Mama" on the way to Altamont this morning. She put on her brave face once we got in the building, gave us quick hugs, took her teachers hand, and never looked back. That made this Mama very proud!


 I think Dad was expecting a lot more tears from both parties because shortly after drop-off, these arrived at my office.
Today was only a half day of school and the verdict is: "It was really, really, really, really fun." (Those were a lot of "really's" to sit through before hearing the word fun!) I'm not positive that tomorrow won't bring a whole new set of tears but all we can do is take it one day at a time. And today was a good day.

No comments: