Branson 2013

I have to admit, my sister and I were emailing back and forth before this vacation like we were 10 years old and never been to Branson before. We are over 30 years old and have been there over 20 times, yet I think we were still more excited than the kids! Nanny and Poppy joined us this year to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. It is crazy that they have been married my entire life, times 2! We used to go to Branson and camp with them when we were kids, so to have them back with us was extra special.  
Headed out!
Tylee and Brynna, finally together again!

Our first stop is always Lamberts, just outside of Springfield, MO. Soo good and so fun!
Apparently I wasn't in vacation mode yet because I didn't take any pictures inside.
We got to Branson late afternoon on Friday and had 6 very excited kids! We stayed in the cabins at Thousand Hills and just loved them. They were very nice and right off the strip. We didn't have anything on our agenda for the night so the adults went to the store while the guys kept the kids. I'm sure they were well watched.
Once everyone was settled, we all the kids went for a swim at the pool and relaxed for our big day on Saturday!
Our plan Saturday morning was to head to White Water bright and early. Unfortunately, it was raining when we woke up, which threw everything up in the air. It finally started to clear off so we took a chance and headed to town.

We pretty much has the whole park to ourselves!  
Although it may look like we had a blast at White Water, Tylee wasn't overly thrilled with it. We took her on the big family ride first thing and that set the tone for the whole day. She was not a fan which pretty much ruined any chance of her riding anything else. We mostly played in the Lazy River while all the other kids went and rode the big slides. Maybe next year...although it seems I say that every year.

After White Water, we went back to the cabin and got ready to go out to dinner for Nanny and Poppy's anniversary.
Sunday was forecasting rain as well, but with it being our last day, we didn't have any other choice than to head to Silver Dollar City. We tried to beat the rain but pretty much as soon as we got our tickets and got through the gates, it started pouring on it.
Thankfully, an umbrella and Goop were on Tylee's agenda, so we killed some time with those activities while we waited for the rain to stop.
We went to the dog show and ate some lunch...waited some more. And waited some more. It finally cleared off enough that we were able to make our way down the hill to Fire in the Hole, where Lowen and Brynna rode their first rollercoaster! (You guess it...Tylee was scared!)
The kids were able to ride American Plunge (including Brynna and Lowen) before it started raining again and they shut everything down.
Needless to say, most of our day was spent waiting.
It finally cleared up around 5pm but our time at SDC was almost over by then. We split up and did the things that were most important to us, in case the rain started to fall again. I ended up in the kiddie area and candle shop with Tylee and Brynna, while the big kids got to go ride all the fun rides. Definitely not the day I was hoping for but we made the best of it.
The good thing is that we know there is always next year, and will hopefully be blessed with sunshine and a not-so-scared 6 year old vs. the scaredy-pants 5-yeard old I had this year.
We went back to the cabin, ordered pizza, played games, cards, and just enjoyed being together with Nanny and Poppy for one last night in Branson. Till next year!

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a fun weekend to have with family! It's so great that you got to spend that time with your grandparents for such a special occasion. Love the cabins you stayed in. :)