7.11.2013

The best 4th of July, ever!

 Eight hours of vacation time combined with our summer flex schedule gave me just what I needed to make this 4th of July spectacular. It is one of my very favorite holiday's and I always make sure to make the most of it. This 4th was no different as we headed to the lake to start off our 5-day weekend!
We made it!
 
We got there about 6:00 on Friday Wednesday night and the first thing Tylee wanted to do was look for lizards with Papa. She found one last summer but Brax grabbed it before she could and the complaining hasn't stopped since! (My theory is that she was too scared to actually touch it so Brax snatched it up but she swears that is not true!)
They spotted several but Papa convinced her that she should just let them live in the logs, that way she could find them next time. It didn't take much convincing so I'm pretty sure she is a whole lot of talk and not much action. AKA - scared to pick one up. After lizard catching, we moved on to some fireworks while we waited on Janis and some of Tylee's 2nd cousins to arrive.
I had packed Tylee 4 or 5 different 4th of July outfits but before I was even out of bed on Thursday, she had on her swimsuit. So much for those!
Her cousins were headed down for the day to go out on the boat and Tylee couldn't hardly contain herself. Thankfully, they got there pretty early and we headed out on the boat.


Mandatory dinosaur visit. Thankfully, we are close!
 
Lindsey and Nathan had to head back to Chanute but left the big kids there with us. Throw Brynna into the mix next summer and these girls are going to be TROUBLE! (Ages, 6, 8, 10, 5, 10...aren't cousins fun?!)
We were up an at 'em again on Friday to do the whole thing all over again! It started with some coloring, beach time, boat-time, and more fireworks! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
Pickle Sickles...gross!
 
  It was such a great weekend and I just love spending these days at the lake with so much family like I did when I was little. Most importantly, Tylee is making the same memories and relationship with cousins, aunts, and uncles that I have - just the next generation.
 
Hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July!
 
(our weekend kept going and going, but i don't know if i'll get around to blogging about the rest of it)

No comments: