3.06.2013

Weigh-in Wednesday

Last year, we kicked off "lake-season" on St. Patty's Day. This year, it looks like it will probably be Easter weekend. The weekend after that? I either have a wedding in Wichita or we are going to Hot Springs to the horse races with a group of friends. Spring/Summer is coming whether I want it too or not and I still weigh the same as I did in November I've already gained back 7 or 8 pounds of the 20 pounds I lost during the Advocare 24-day Challenge this fall. (See what writing a post over a month ago and never hitting publish will do to ya?) I need to get my butt in gear!  
someecards.com - According to this BMI chart... I am too short.
I am pleased that I still weigh the same as I did in November. I definitely haven't been eating well but I have still been running and thankfully, they must've evened each other out. Our social life consists of cooking, eating, having people over, and drinking beer. Combine any of that with dieting and you are probably going to fail miserably. Or I am, at least. I've started tracking in My Fitness Pal but how do you track 20 Bud Lights, half a loaf of Olive Cheese Bread, a dozen or so ham balls, some Chili and a Cinnamon Roll, Girl Scout Cookies...ha! Hey, don't judge - I was at a cabin celebrating my friends 30th birthday! Eating and drinking are what we do best!
So with the first taste of summer coming in just 6 4 short weeks, I decided I better get my butt in gear and get another 10 pounds off before shorts and swimsuit weather sneak up on me. I've done I was doing fairly well with the motto, "It's what you do most of the time, that counts." I'll skip the cheesecake at lunch in order to eat garlic bread that evening. I'll pass up an invitation for a couple beers after work in order to go run - but your damn sure I'm gonna join you the next day! Just not both days. It's obviously been working since I haven't gained anything back but my goal is to lose weight, not maintain. Obviously, I've haven't been making the best choices because this 7 or 8 pounds has came on quickly and its time I get it under control before it all comes back.   
So to keep a little accountability with myself, I joined a DietBet and am going to join some Weigh-in Wednesday blogging link-ups. I'm not going to post my weight like those brave souls but I'll check in every Wednesday with my report for the week and hopefully I'll be close to my mini-goal of 10 pounds before I have to go face quite a few of my friends from my skinny-highschool-days-when-I-thought-I-was-fat-but-wasn't. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sara said...

1. You aren't/weren't fat in high school.
2. That's what I've been trying to do about my eating is just make better choices and drinking lots of water. I haven't had a pop in almost a month (this Sunday) and starting to control my "let's it out" tendencies, a bit. Still a work in progress but we're getting there. :) Good luck on your DietBet!

Sunni said...

Good for you! That diet bet looks cool. Good luck. It's hard. It's an uphill battle because it's TONS easier to eat crap than it is to eat healthy (and cheaper, too). Wishing you luck in your endeavors.