1.05.2013

Survey 2012

Survey 2012

 
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Trained for and ran a 5K. Never in my life would I think that would have been possible.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My resolution last year was to lose some weight and read more. I'm about 20 pounds lighter than I was this time last year and have read 30 books. (Post on that coming soon.)
 
My resolution for 2012 is going to be to keep up with my running/clean eating (okay so start my running and clean eating again since December was a total FAIL) and continue to do more for myself. Whether it be taking the time to run, read, or buy myself something nice every once in awhile - I'm going to continue to put myself first. I've been doing a pretty dang good job of it lately and I think I am happier than I've been in awhile.  

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I hate this question because I always seem to forget. Our friends John and Gina had sweet little Kolbie in April and our other friends Curtis and Sunni just had a baby on December 31st. (Let's pray I'm not forgetting anyone?)  

4. Did anyone close to you die? Again, a hard one to remember. I don't think we had any funerals this year.

5. What countries did you visit? Nada.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? This is tough. I guess I will self-reflect and say a little more patience with Tylee and I want to say "yes" more than "no". I want to say "sure" more than "in a little bit" or "maybe later".

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 14th - June 21st, my trip to Washington DC. This truly was a trip of a lifetime and I cannot thank my work enough for sending me.
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I would definitely say training for my 5K. Yes, running it was an achievement as well but getting myself out there 3-4 times a week for 30+ minutes a day (sometimes hungover, sometimes in the 100+ degree weather, sometimes in the freezing cold, and lots of times when I'd rather just be sitting on the couch) was really the hard part. Once race day actually came, the hard part was over.

9. What was your biggest failure? Nothing sticks out, so I guess I can't complain about that!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing that is blog-worthy.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Well, I didn't buy it but I bet I get as much use out of it as he does - so I'm going to say my Dad's new boat. All the fun without the payment! Ha! (Hey Dad, love you!)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Sounds silly but I gotta go with Tylee. I was so, so nervous about her starting and handling 5-day a week preschool but she has completely excelled. She is a totally different kid on so many levels and I'm proud of her for stepping up to the plate. (Minus the fist-fight incident. Ha!)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

14. Where did most of your money go? Probably Lalaloopsy's. 
Ha! Not really. (Although we did put a dollar amount to those dolls and it was not pretty! ) I honestly have no idea where most of my money went. We eat well at my house so I guess groceries is a good answer. (Steak and Risotto, anyone?) Also, looking back at my Year in Review, we are on-the-go a lot and I guess stuff just adds up. (The answer to this question is making me question starting a budget?)
 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to Washington DC. 

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Cliche, I know, but Pontoon by Little Big Town.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, Thinner, Poorer 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Went camping.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating. No, really, I have no idea.

20. How did you spend Christmas? No need to rehash.  

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?

22. What was your favorite TV program? Survivor

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Yes.

24. What was the best book you read? The Help

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I'm gonna say that I revisited some hard core rap with my running playlists and I remember why I love it so much. But I'm still a country girl at heart!

26. What did you want and get? Um, I didn't really want it but TJ has wanted Tylee to get a real 4-wheeler since the day she was born. We finally took that leap. I can't say that I wanted anything else specific. 

27. What did you want and not get? Carat diamond earrings, I think these will be on my list for a long time. And a new wedding band.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? We never watch movies, ever.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My birthday is in February so it is hard to remember so far back! I think we had friends out and I turned 29. The real 29. 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? There are a few things that I would erase from this year that could've made it better but there is no changing the past so let's just move foward. Live, learn, and grow.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? I'd say that my fashion concept is pretty much null and void but I did splurge on some expensive staples and got a couple nice pair of capris (as in, not Maurices or Old Navy brand) and got a pair of Silvers for Christmas. I guess you can say I had a revelation and realized that nice pants are worth the money. I also got some Under Armour sweats that make me sad whenever I have to take them off so they can be washed. 
 
32. What kept you sane? My Friends, Family, and Bud Light.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Taylor Swift, the Kardashians, Hugh Hefner...you know, just the trashy celebrities.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? I have absolutely no interest in politics what-so-ever. (I know 2012 was the year of the election but still, eh.)

35. Who did you miss? My friend Kinzi, who is happily in love but I can't lie and say I'm not jealous that I don't see her much anymore. And my neices and nephews in Chanute and Kansas City.
 
36. Who was the best new person you met? Probably my friend Jill. I think I officially met her in November of 2011 but I just love her to death. Our friendship has definitely blossomed in 2012.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Hold my hand. Understand. Walk with me. Kiss Goodnight. Hold me Tight. I won't let go. Love me so. I got you, babe."

No comments: