11.05.2012

Weekend Rewind

For those of you with Google reader, you probably saw a post about me trying to keep some sort of schedule with my blog, in order to post more frequently. Well, I decided to delete that post because I'm not quite ready to commit to that, but I am going to try to do a little more blogging with some sort of schedule - I'm just not ready to put it in writing yet.

This weekend consisted of a bunch of nothing, which was great but not really blog-worthy. See? Nothing to blog about. But I'll ramble.

The biggest blog-worthy thing to happen is that I ran 2.5 miles on Saturday and I can promise you that is the 1st time I've ever done anything even close to that in my entire life. I've been training for a 5K (that is unfortunately next weekend) using the Couch-to-5K program and am really enjoying it. I can't say that I'm hooked on the actual running part yet but if I had an endless supply of money, I would be completely hooked on the gear. Fun stuff. I cannot say enough good things about the C25K app. It gave me a schedule to follow 3 times a week, kept me running when I wanted to quit, and has pushed me hard enough that I think I am actually going to be able to run an entire 5K without walking in less than a week. All of this is literally coming from the girl that couldn't run "The Mile" in highschool without walking. I would honestly say that I was at "Couch" level when I started this app and now I can run for 40 minutes straight without walking. If I can do it, so can you.
 
And because I couldn't have done it without them, I would like to thank...I'm kidding. But I do have some pretty kickass friends and family that have supported me through this journey and I feel very blessed. Keep your fingers crossed for me next Saturday morning! (And you can bet your ass that there will be a kickass breakfast with lots of carbs followed by some adult beverages to celebrate!)

1 comment:

Darci said...

Yahooooooo! You are going to kick the 5K's ass this Saturday! You do know it's this Saturday, right? Not next Saturday? Haha.

Can't wait to help you celebrate afterwards!