11.20.2012

TGIThanksgiving

I'm trying to be a better blogger (Lindsey, I'm talking to you) so today I'm linking up with some of my friend Darci's friends to tell you all about my fabulous Thanksgiving plans, which pretty much just include: Food. And beer.  
 
1.What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades? Obviously, I am addicted to food (including but not limited too 3 of my favorites: noodles, rolls, and stuffing) so that is the obvious answer. I love me some college football but could care less about the NFL so yah, no football for me. As far as the parade? See #4.  

2.What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish? My favorite part of any holiday meal (after the noodles, rolls, and stuffing) is definitely my Grandma Katy's ranch crackers. I guess they are non-typical for most, but have appeared on our Thanksgiving (and Christmas) table for years.  

3.After dinner, is it football or a nap? Neither. My Dad's side of the family plays poker and although I don't play, it is fun to watch everyone else lose all their money. At my Mom's house, there are 6 little ones running around so it is simply not possible to do either of the two. The truth is, we are usually running here, there, and everywhere on Thanksgiving Day so there is no time allowed for either.

4.Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float? I have become the designated noodle and roll maker in the family so I'm usually up early on Thanksgiving Day. I like to have the parade on in the background while I'm slaving away in the kitchen but at some point, TJ usually comes in and turns it to ESPN.

5.Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)? Since my parents are divorced, we've started rotating years between families: Mom's one year, Dad's the next. Tj's family is easy (and small) so his Mom either cooks dinner and we go there that evening, or we do it a different day at our house.

6.What is your favorite turkey day dessert? I guess I would say Cherry Delight but I also love Pumpkin Cheesecake. After eating the cheesecake version, regular pumpkin pie is just kinda bleh. Cherry Delight is a standard of Gma Katy's as well and I honesly don't know the recipe but know it involves cream cheese and powdered sugar. Need I say more?

Wasn't that fun? However, I can't do a post about Thanksgiving without mentioning family because that truly is my favorite part about this holiday. I cannot wait to have 4 uninterrupted days with my little Turkey and the hubs, as well as seeing 5 out of 6 of my neices and nephews (We'll miss you, Lowen!), both my Mom and Dad, and both sets of Grandparents. Fun times to come! I can't wait.
 
 
button

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for linking up with Holly and me! Happy Tgiving!

Holly said...

All I read was beer and pumpkin pie cheesecake. I love Darci and her friend's way of thinking. :)