10.06.2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's hard to believe that I just got home from my nephew's football game and stripped off a tank, flannel, and North Face Fleece. Then I took off my Uggs but left my socks on because my feet are still freezing. I cleaned out my car and unloaded Tylee's hoodie, as well as her stocking hat. Then I went to get the clothes out of the dryer and folded some capris and cargo shorts. Shorts, people. And the fact that they are in my dryer means that they've been worn since last Sunday. Capris and a T-shirt one day and jeans, Uggs, and layered long-sleeves the next. Only in Kansas.
 

Fall truly is my favorite season. Everyone is saying, "I love Fall!" right now because it is the beginning of the season. The beginnings of seasons are always fun. Changes in temperature brings new routines and change is always fun, at first. Summer and swimming are always fun, until it hits 100 degrees a few times and you can barely leave the house. Winter is great until it snows a whole bunch and starts getting dark at 6pm. But who can say anything bad about Fall? 
 
 

I love lazy Saturdays filled with College Football and snuggling on the couch. I live for the changing leaves and beautiful backdrop for pictures. I cannot wait to open the windows and smell the fresh air filling the house. I love searching for new candles and smelling all the musty, yet refreshing, scents. The anticipation of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas makes me look forward to each and every day. I love boots, sweaters, and an occasional scarf. I look forward to wearing my favorite hoodie again from the very last day that I took it off in the Spring. I love vegetable soup, chicken and noodles, and spending our Sunday's making new recipes. I love watching my weekends fill up with Halloween parties, trips to the Pumpkin Patch, Road Rally's, and our annual Girls Weekend.

So I'd have to disagree Andy Williams, Christmas is not "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year". In my book, Fall wins. Hands down. So please, please, please Kansas - let us have a Fall before going straight in to winter. This weekend and the sudden need for coats and stocking caps, was a bit ridiculous.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: