10.03.2012

Advocare 24-day Challenge, Day 8

I'm back with an short update! I bet you were all on pins and needles. Ha. I'll do a full review after the 10-day cleanse part is over but I thought I would check in with some info.

What I'm eating:

Meat: Ground turkey, ground chicken, grilled chicken breasts, grilled chicken thighs and a turkey leg at the fair. Plus, I've cheated once twice and had a steak on the grill and a baked pork chop.

Veggies: Grilled Asparagus, Roasted Cauliflower, Fresh Green Beans, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Celery, and I cheated with Corn-on-the-cob.

Fruits: Apples, Strawberries, and a couple Bananas

Carbs: Sweet Potatoes, Whole Grain Rice, Black Beans, and I cheated with Pita Chips.

This weekend I made a fritatta with 4 egg yolks and 8 egg whites. I mixed in some spinach, zuchini, peppers, and onions. I baked it, cut it into 4 servings, and topped it with avacado and tomato. It was delicious but needed ketchup. Which brings me to my next category.

How I've cheated:

I've cheated with some pretty dumb things but my Advocare lady promises that not all is lost. 1) Steak and Pork Chops. No excuses here - I flat out couldn't do chicken and turkey for 24 days straight. I just bought a pork loin at Wal-mart so have no intentions of stopping this cheat. Everything in moderation, right? 2) Ketchup. I was in desperate need of some dipping sauce so I ate ketchup with a couple meals. I've since bought a Low Sugar variety but I'm trying my hardest to stay away from it. 3) Corn. I've been on enough diets to know that corn is high in starch but again, I can only do veggies in so many ways and IMO, corn is still "clean" eating. 4) Pita Chips/Texas Caviar: I went to a fish fry on Sunday and instead of my other options that consisted of staying home, cheating, or being miserable with food everywhere that I couldn't eat, I made some Texas Caviar and bought some Whole Grain Pita Chips. I could eat everything in the dip (except techinically the corn) and the Pita Chips were Whole Grain - which is okay but recommended to steer clear of during the first 10 days. If it was a definite no-no they wouldn't have listed it. 5) Turkey Sausage. I knew this was bad - not sure why I even bought it except for the fact that I figured it would be handy to have around in case of a BBQ (or Fish Fry). I know it was loaded with junk and preservates galore but I felt like it was my best option. And it was delicious.

Daily routine:

Shake for breakfast or a slice of fritatta. This morning I had a scrambled egg with pepper and onion but that was a first. Around 10am I try to have a snack. I am addicted to Almond Butter with a Fiji apple. (Thank Erin!) It tastes like chocolate! Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before and I usually try to eat my carb at lunch. I have another snack and a Spark between 2 and 3pm. Dinner has mostly been meat and veggies. Mexican food has been the easiest thing to do since you get brown rice (flavor it with some cumin!) and black beans. Tonight we had Fajitas with Chicken, Peppers, Onion, Avacado, and Tomato wrapped in a lettuce leaf with Black Beans and Brown Rice on the side. Diet? What diet?


What I miss:

This whole thing is hard,  I won't lie. It is just SO restrictive. I miss the little things that I usually get when dieting. For example, Ranch (light, of course). Or to be able to brush my Sweet Potato medallions with oil before baking them. I'd love a Diet Pepsi, some carrots, or to throw some bacon bits on my salad. I'd love to be able to grab an Egg McMuffin on my way to work instead of spending 10 minutes making/blending up my breakfast shake. I'd like to get a Grilled Chicken wrap at Sonic and go to the park or hell, even a Subway sandwich! Oh! And beer. Of course I miss beer.

What I've lost:

As of this morning, I was down 4.8 pounds and had lost 1.5 inches in my belly. I'm trying not to measure before the whole 10 days is up but I was just curious.

What is to come:

I'll be back on Saturday with the total weight loss and inches after the cleanse but then the fun really starts! (At least that is what I'm telling myself.) On Day 11, I start the MNS Max 3 supplement which is hopefully when things really start happening. I can't wait!

No comments: