8.21.2012

Sweetwater Hauler

The excitement has worn off a little because he bought it 3 or 4 weeks ago but if I would've posted then, I would've wrote, "OMG! My Dad bought a boat! I've been waiting for this for 29 years and he finally did it! This is the best thing ever!!" Today, I'm still very excited but in a much more calm fashion. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to go back down and go boating again but the week he bought it, it was like time was standing still waiting for the weekend to come so we could go down and get on the water. I have to admit, it was just as fun as I always imagined it would be! However, Tylee didn't want to go on it at all,  Brax was so excited to fish he could hardly stand it, and my priorities were sun, sight-seeing (going to and under the bridges for the kids), and having a picnic. 3 very different hopes for our 1st time out on the water but thankfully, Dad and Janis had the same agenda as me.
The day did start off with a hitch - on the way down the hill we got a flat tire on the trailor. My poor Dad!  
But we were on the water soon enough!
It didn't take Tylee long to fall in love. I knew she was my kid!
And it also didn't take her long to fall asleep.
But she woke up just in time to have a picnic and the cruise around close to shore so Brax could fish.
Thank goodness for Iphones because apparently, boating gets bored.
I think both kids would've been fine just sitting at the beach all day swimming with their other cousins because both of them asked several times to "go back to place where Gma Katy lives and swim." We were on the boat for 7 hours (with a picnic lunch and lots of swim breaks) but I guess that does get pretty boring for a 6 and 4 year-old. I, on the other hand, was in heaven. I did miss seeing all my cousins and Aunts and Uncles at the beach but we won't always be out for 7 hours. It was just "Sweetwater Haulers" first voyage and we wanted to make the most of it. Good times.

3 comments:

crazyfordaisies said...

oh my gosh. this looks so fun. I remember our childhood doing the exact.same.thing. SOOO many naps on the boat and sooo many fun times! LOVE the boat's name, too!

Marci Finley said...

Love the name he picked out Chelse! Great pictures!!

Sunni said...

What fun! That looks like a total blast and you have great pictures to prove it. :)