8.14.2012

Summer Fun

This is going to be a pretty random post but I haven't blogged "just because" in awhile. Where has the summer gone? I cannot believe that school is about to start. And by school I mean, the real deal 5-day a week pre-school. I won't lie, I am freaking out a little lot. Is my baby really big and mature enough to handle going to a BIG school with a BIG cafeteria where she doesn't know a sole? Ugh, it makes me sick to think about it. Her pud life at home playing Barbies with Mom and Dad all day is over and our baby girl has grown up. With that being said, although I'm worried to death about it...I know we are making the right decision. She needs this. She needs the structure, guidance, and interaction. She is ready. Expectations for preschoolers and Kindergarteners are leaps and bounds ahead of what they were when I was a kid and 5-day a week preschool is just what you do these days. Starting her now in the USD school system will only make her that much more ready for Kindergarten next year. Moving on before I change my mind. (The truth is, if I had the option to stay at our M/W/F little church preschool, I would in a hearbeat. We just had a small daycare glitch and are making the most of the situation.)
We've had a great summer. I'm not sure we've had a weekend that hasn't involved the sun, a pool, or a lake in some form. I guess you could say we've been busy but it really depends on your definition of busy. If going swimming, to BBQ's, the cousins swim-meet, a baseball game, camping, and spending time with family means busy - then that is what we are! It has been a very laid back and relaxing summer and it is bittersweet to think about it coming to an end.
Tylee and the kids had Nanny playing jumprope.
Tylee is an absolute fish in the water this year. We had a major turn around and I would have to chalk most of it up to her Puddle Jumper. Thank goodness we crossed that hurdle. The other day at the swimming pool in Chanute she was going down the slide and into the water head first. Huge improvement from last year. Now, don't get me wrong - she can't actually swim (as in, without her floatie she would drown and unfortunately, I know this first hand) but at least she is in the water and loving it. Swimming lessons this fall are a must, considering there are 4-year olds on the swim team in Chanute that are swimming from one side of the pool to the other. All the while, Tylee can't even doggie-paddle. Thankfully, now that she is 4 Mom doesn't have to get in anymore.
Although I love everything that summer entails, I also am ready to get into a routine. And fall (and football!) is my favorite time of the year. I know that no one feels sorry for me but this will be the first time that I have ever had to get Tylee up, dressed, and ready to go as part of our morning routine. In her short 4 little years, she has either stayed home with TJ, went to Grammy's in PJ's, or TJ got her ready (with clothes I layed out) and dropped her off at 3-year old preschool. I am honestly looking forward to a structured morning with some breakfast and a little quality time with my girl before school each morning. Not to mention, I'll get to drop her off most days before I head to work. Can you tell I'm a morning person?
We took a little "before school starts vacay" last weekend to Kansas City to celebrate our girl starting Preschool. I think out of the three of us, I had the most fun. I guess that means she is spoiled but looking back at our summer pictures on the blog, I'd have to agree.
She was thrilled with Fritz's Railroad Resturant. Can't you tell? Ha! She hated the hat but once the food started coming, she was all smiles.
Kalaeidascope was fun (and free!) as well. It was like something out of a dream for Tylee.
Then it was on to some school clothes shopping at the Legends.
And a trip to KC isn't complete without a trip to Cabelas.

No comments: