7.20.2012

Farlington

Last summer, we only took our camper out 5 times. That is only 5 weekends out of the 32 that I would consider going camping during the year. Not a very good ratio. "Next summer, " I said, "we are just going to tell people 'Sorry but we can't make it to your ....' and making camping a priority." It is already July and we've only camped twice. Looks like this summer may be worse than last! We camped once the end of April for Boone's HRC Test and haven't camped since. Farlington is by far our favorite place to camp and we finally had a free weekend last weekend to load up and head out. It was so hot Friday afternoon that the only place to be was the beach.
We were only there for about 10 minutes before it started raining. It rained. And rained. And rained some more. I'm sure the farmers were happy but it wasn't ideal for camping. It finally stopped and Tylee got her first chance to ride her big girl bike on the open road. Reason being, we only have the garage area and the rest is gravel. Darn country life.
Everything went well until she decided to take Merle. I bet you can guess how that ended.
Si was happy he wasn't being drug around too.
The next morning I convinced her to ride over to the other campground to play on the playground. It was a long ways but she made it just fine. The way home was another story.
After lunch, we headed back to the beach. Tylee loved it - me, not so much. You honestly had to walk 50 yards out (around that big green piece of land pictured below) before you even got waist deep.
We let her play as long as we could stand it and then headed back to the camper and swam off shore with some friends the rest of the evening. Let's be honest, it was steep, rocky, and we were drinking so I didn't take my camera down to the water. I wish I had though because Tylee did great floating around and Merle was a swimming fool. Okay, so not really but he would swim out to me 100mph and then turn around and go right back to shore. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It was pretty comical.

When we got back up to the camper, Tylee was cold. I swear this girl would wear sweats and long-sleeves everyday if we would let her. We had a great weekend at our favorite place and can't wait to go back. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

No comments: