5.09.2012

Success!

I don't know if you guys remember my struggles last summer but Tylee wanted NOTHING to do with the water. Those of you that know me know that was a huge deal for me. I love everything about the sun, water, and boats and it was very disturbing for me to know that Tylee wanted nothing to do with any of it. Even mentioning the word "swimming" would send her in a tailspin with her panicked little voice with a bunch of, "No! I don't want to. I'm scared." I never pushed the issue and just spent our days lounging by her little pool and sitting on the beach.
Brax had his birthday party last weekend at his Gma and Gpa's and and Tylee was totally against swimming...until she saw pictures of Brynna in the water Friday night. First thing Saturday morning Tylee was up, packed the swim bag, and was ready to go! "Tell Braylee not to help me swim, Mom. I don't want any help, okay? Will you please tell Braylee that?" Like helping Tylee was on the top of Braylee's list of things to do that night. :-D
Obviously Tylee was all talk because it only took her a split second after stepping off the bottom step before she needed help. THANK YOU GOD that she loved every second of it. There were definitely nerves flaring and several times that she kinda freaked out but this was a HUGE hurdle and we've finally passed it. It can only get better from here and I know she'll be swimming like a fish once I get in with her and am able to help her a little. (I like water but I don't like it enough to be swimming in a newly open COLD pool in April!)
Lindsey, on the other hand, has the totally opposite problem and its going to be interesting watching everything evolve this summer. Brynna got a small taste of freedom in that pool and hasn't looked back since. She is a dare-devil and I have to admit, for the first time in awhile, I'm a tad thankful that I have a timid one.

No comments: