2.14.2012

Homeade Playdough

There are tons of Valentine's ideas floating around Pinterest this year and while I wanted to do something a little creative, I didn't want to go overboard. Tylee is just in preschool afterall and I had no idea what her Valentine's party even consisted of...if she even had one. I whipped up a batch of homeade playdough a couple weeks ago and decided that would be the perfect Valentine for her classmates. Here is the recipe we used:

Ingredients:
1 C Flour
1 C Water
1/4 C Salt
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Cream of Tarter
Food Coloring (actual coloring or a kool-aid packet will do)
Sauce Pan and Wooden Spoon
Little helping hands.

I totally copied it from this. I didn't take pictures of the whole process. I just took pictures when I saw something cute happening or when something looked neat. That is what picture taking is all about, right?


 Dump all the ingredients in a pan and stir together until its mostly lump free. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir and stir some more. You'll think its never going to end and then all the sudden, voila! It all comes together and looks like this:
 Kneed it until smooth, let it cool, then put in cute little bags tied up with ribbon.
 Check on certain 3-year old that is supposed to be napping.
"I know you aren't asleep, Tylee."
 And finally, tie Valentines onto ribbon.  
 Tj does preschool drop-off and pick-up so I have no idea if the Playdough balls were a hit. I am sure the kids loved them but I am probably on a few parents shit-list. Is there really anything worse than Play-dough? There is a reason Tylee only gets to play with it outside when we are camping.

No comments: