1.10.2012

Survey 2011

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? It was a pretty low-key year. Nothing major comes to mind except parenting a 2.5 - 3.5 year old. Same story, different year.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My resolution last year was to spend more time focusing on myself. I think that happened, but not intentionally. With each passing day, Tylee is one step closer to gaining her independence. I am to the point now that I could curl up on the couch and read a book while she played in her room - if I just took the time to do it! So I halfway kept my resolution.

I guess this year I'll make the same old boring resolution as everyone else - I HAVE to get this extra weight off. And I'll make an "easy" one too. I got a Nook Color for Christmas and I would like to get into reading again. I loved reading in Highschool and enjoyed reading the Twilight books a few years ago - I think all this goes back to carving out some "me" time.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? We had a couple of friends that had babies but no one that I've gotten to snuggle and spend any amount of quality time with.


4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, Tj's Uncle Terry passed away last January and he lost yet another friend in November. I have been to 10 or more funerals with him in the past 8 years. Not fun.

5. What countries did you visit? Nada.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? This has definitely been one of the best years of my life. I know, I will probably say this every year. Or at least until Tylee hits the snotty-I-know-more-than-you-and-have-a-major-attitude stage. So far, so good. I have a great husband, a beautiful daughter, a new home, a new car, a wonderful job, healthy relationships, great friends, and a great family. I would be selfish to ask for anything more.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 22nd, the day of the Joplin tornado and the tornado at the lake. Unfortunately, that day changed so many lives and will be a date that is etched in the minds of many.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Last year I said it was "finding a balance" but I would have to say the same thing again this year. I feel like I finally am "me" again. Obviously I am different - I mean, how can you have a child and truly be the same person you were before their birth? I don't even want to think of my life before/without Tylee. But Tj and I are back to where we were before we had her, I have social relationships again that were put on the back burner while she was a baby, and I feel like I can ship her off to Gmas and truly be "me" without worrying about her. Don't get me wrong, my happiest times are 100% when the 3 of us are together but it is nice to have some parts of my other life back.


9. What was your biggest failure? I guess I would say "letting myself go". I went to an "event" this summer that was very fun, but really made me realize how much I don't take care of myself. I am sure this realization was a combination of being insecure about my weight and the group of people that I was with - but it still made me feel pretty crappy. 1) I am overweight. 2) I don't have a skin-care regimen, nor do I care one bit about make-up. 3) I don't even own a nice pair of jeans. 4) I am in desperate need of a trip to Victoria Secret. However, I went on another trip with a different group and came home feeling like a rockstar. Its all a matter of perception but I think I need to find a balance that works for me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing that is worthy enough to even note.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our new Jeep, I guess.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

14. Where did most of your money go? Groceries! I don't know if I've just started paying attention or if prices really have gone up - but I swear I can't leave Wal-mart without spending $200 or more. And that is twice a month!  

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Christmas! I remember Brecca being old enough to understand "Santa" and that was fun, but its a whole different ball game with your own little one.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, Same, Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Went camping. We went 5-6 times but the Spring and Summer is just SO busy! It seems like there was always one obligation holding us back. I think this year we just need to say sorry, we can't make it to everything.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Spent less time putting Tylee on the back burner. She always wants to play make-believe with characters and I am so bored with it. It seems like I always tell her no. I know this time is going to fly by and I need to cherish all the little moments. I know in 6 or 7 years she won't want to give me the time of day.

20. How did you spend Christmas? I think I have 6 Christmas posts? I think that is more info than I need to remember. :-D   


21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes!! I fell in love with a couple 4-legged creatures. I really wasn't sure that I could care about a dog after Dutch died. We've had Boone 2 years now and I did like him - but he is Tj's dog and was just kinda "there". Something about getting Merle put a spark in Boone and he is a whole different dog. He wants pets, wants to play, comes over and leans on you, wrestles - just a whole different dog. Then, there is Merle! I love having a little dog in the house again. He isn't near as cool as Dutch (he is lacking in the "trick" department) but he has such a great personality. He is very laid back but has just enough spunk in him. He doesn't like to cuddle - which I miss, but I definitely love him.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Survivor and Greys Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.

24. What was the best book you read? I didn't read any books. (Actually, I got hooked on The Hunger Games series - which is why I am 10 days late publishing this dang post! But truth be told, I started reading them in 2012.)


25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Same 'ol thing.


26. What did you want and get? A new vehicle. And since we are recapping, I guess I should mention that I had a GREAT Christmas. I always have a nice Christmas but for some reason this year, I was so wrapped up in Tylee that I didn't give much thought about me getting presents! Tj got me almost everything I mentioned and his Mom and my Mom totally suprised me! (Uggs and a Nook Color)

27. What did you want and not get? Carat diamond earrings, I think these will be on my list for a long time. 

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hm. I was really excited for The Lion King to come out. It was my favorite Disney movie and I couldn't wait for Tylee to watch it. She wasn't impressed as I was but my favorite part is the music (right, Jayci?) and she isn't into that yet. I guess my favorite adult movie was The Hangover 2.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Well, I only remember this because I felt horrible about it. My friends kept asking me what I wanted to do and I was kind waiting on Tj to plan something. 10 hours into my birthday, not a word had been said about doing anything so I made plans with my friends to go to dinner. I let Tj know I wasn't too happy and got a text back with a picture of a cake, icecream, and the corner of a present. Apparently him and Tylee had been busy! I felt horrible. I turned 28.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I don't know if it can get much better than this right now.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfortable

32. What kept you sane? Oddly enough, work. Tylee is at a very fun age but she is also very trying. She is pushing limits like never before and has a very short attention span. Unless we are doing something (camping, going to Chanute, shopping, ect) I am always ready for Monday to come. Although by Tuesday or Wednesday, I am ready to be at home again.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm not gonna lie, I was totally wrapped up on all the Kardashian drama. What can I say? We like thoughtless television.


34. What political issue stirred you the most? I have absolutely no interest in politics what-so-ever. Maybe one of these days I'll care.


35. Who did you miss? My family in Chanute.


36. Who was the best new person you met? My friend Kerri introduced me to a whole new group of ladies that I adore. I can't wait to see them all again!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. I have a quote I read somewhere that I jotted down on my checkbook that says, "Life is too precious to let the days go by unnoticed." I think I wrote it down in terms of photography but I think its a good life lesson.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Hmmm...

*Sorry I left some blank...I'm not just gonna make something up just so I have an answer.

No comments: