8.22.2011

Easy-Peasy

The weekend after I made our big Mexican Meal, I emailed my friends and asked them if they thought it was weird that I woke up bored, went to the store, and spent 4 hours that afternoon cooking. They didn't think it was weird, forsay, because they both know that I love to cook - but they did question how I had that much time to cook one meal. I don't normally have that much time and I was definitely multi-tasking (which is probably why it took me so long) but what better to do on a Sunday afternoon than cook a big meal? On Monday thru Friday, we have our fair share of easy, thrown together (and fattening) dinners. Microwaveable, even! Here are two of my favorites.

Hot Beef Sandwiches:
These hormel meals are so good. I honestly cannot tell the difference between a homeade roast that I make in the crockpot and these. The meat is REAL, the gravy is good, and it literally takes 4 minutes. Last time I bought the pre-sliced beef on accident (which is pictured here) and we didn't like it near as well. Normally I buy the whole roast or the Beef Tips and they are both delicious.
Anyways, the rest of the meal is simple. The only thing I actually cook for this meal is Mashed Potatoes. Then I throw the meat in the microwave, pull it out, mix a Brown Gravy packet with water and throw it in. Layer bread, potatoes, meat, and gravy and voila! A not-so-homeade but delicious Hot Beef Sandwich. 

Salisbury Steak - Grade School Style: 
Does anyone else remember Salisbury Steak day in Grade School? Those and the pork-riblets were my favorite!! And who didn't love Chicken and Noodle day? These salisbury steak are just like the ones they served for lunch. And I love them.
There is not a lot to this meal. Sometimes I make mashed potatoes to serve with these and sometimes we just eat some Lipton Noodles on the side. Depends on how much time and energy I have. Either way, they are tried and true delicious! Fattening? Yes. Processed junk that we probably shouldn't be eating? Yes. But sometimes your time and sanity count for something, right?

No comments: