3.17.2011

Tylee-isms

I know some of these things don't matter to any of you but I want to document the little things. One of these days she'll be 14 and most of the things that come out of her mouth probably won't be cute.

  • At dinner ther other night, Tylee kept looking at the lady behind us and asking me what was on her shirt. I told her to stop staring and she said, "Mom - we need to have a little talk."
  • The other day when I got home from work, I let Otter out and she went wild. Tylee yelled, "Hold on, partner!" while chasing her through the yard.
  • I was telling Tylee's PAT's lady that we've been dealing with some major attitude problems. She told me it was normal and that kids really do like boundaries and we need to be sure to stick with them and blah, blah. Tylee was coloring as we were talking and about that time I said, "Good job, Tylee! That is really good." Tylee looked up with her scowled eyes and said, "No it's not. Don't say that." Perfect timing, Tylee! That is exactly what I was talking about. Embarrasing, though!
  • We were watching "Up" the other night and Tylee kept asking what that bird was. I told her it was a Macaw or a Parrot and she got mad and said, "No its not Mom. Don't say that." About halfway through the movie she said, "I know, Mom! It's a mingo!" She was right, it was a flamingo!!
  • This has kinda stopped now that she is a little older but 6 months or so ago, whenever Tylee thought that something she did was funny she would ask, "Is that silly, Mom?" She still does it some but I wanted to mention it because I don't think I have.
  • A few weeks ago Tylee was eating some chips and had her greasy hands all over the couch. Tj told her to get off the couch with her chips and must've said something about that she has to be a big girl before she can eat chips on the couch. Now, everytime she stands up on her step-stool or in her chair, she'll say, "Look how big I am Mom! I am big enough to eat chips on the couch now!"
  • The other night we were playing with Tylee's magnetic doll set and every single outfit she put on the dolls matched! She has really been paying attention and started having an opinion about clothes. She must've just realized that she can dress herself too because she is obsessed with changing clothes all the sudden.  I wish I could say that all 25 outfits she tried on the other night matched too but they didn't. Oh well, at least she is expressing herself.  
  • We've been working on potty-training here and there (Sidenote - She wants nothing to do with it. Everytime you put on panties she will carry around her diaper and cry wanting you to put it back on her) and Tylee successfully had her first poop in the potty! I was just wanting her to pee but heck, I'll get what I can take! So anyways, she actually pooped twice - one normal and one little bitty. The next morning I was telling her how proud I was of her and she said, "I pooped a baby-poop, not a sister-poop. I pooped a Daddy-poop and a baby-poop but no sister, Mom."

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hilarious!

Reed Family said...

I laughed out loud about the 1st one! adorable and hilarious!

Chris and Darci said...

cute!