3.21.2011

Hot Wing Dip

This recipe is one of my very favorites. It is so easy and is always a huge hit...once you tell people what it is. It kinda comes out a strange color and with all the cheese melted on top, I've found that people are afraid to just dig in. If I leave it on a table and walk away, it normally is not eaten. If I tell a few people what it is before walking way, word spreads quickly and the whole pan is gone.
Cast of Characters:
Cream Cheese, Canned Chicken, Hot Wing Sauce, Ranch, Shredded Cheese
 Spread Cream Cheese in bottom of a baking dish. I used a small round pan since we were taking it somewhere else and I didn't want to worry about my dish. You can use anything from a 9-inch round to a 11x13 cake pan - the thickness of the dip just varies with whatever dish you use.
 Layer with can of chicken.
 Next, pour on 1/2 cup of Ranch and 1/2 cup of Hot Wing sauce. I like Otts best but Franks is good too!
 And last but not least, sprinkle on about 3/4 cup of cheese.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve with Tortilla Chips or Fritos. (Sorry, I don't have a picture of the finished product because I didn't bake it right away. Use your imagination.)

As always, let me know if you try it!

2 comments:

Wyatt's Momma said...

can't wait to try it! this is what i'm going to make for our birthday treat day at school in a couple of weeks. looks delicious :)

Reed Family said...

I made this for our neighborhood cookout tonight...it was GREAT! I love the recipe edition of your blog! Keep them coming! Thanks!