1.01.2011

Survey 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Went on a cruise!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My goals last year were to spend more quality/educational time with Tylee and get back to my pre-Tylee weight. I would say I did the first one but am farther away from the latter than I've been yet. I am sick of this weight rollercoaster!
My resolution this year is to take more time for myself. IE: I don't go to Weight Watchers anymore because I don't feel like I have an hour every Tuesday to waste - not to mention finding someone to keep Tylee. I don't go to the gym because I don't feel like I have the time. I don't take the 15 minutes to swing by the tanning place because I need to get to Cathy's to get Tylee and get home to get dinner going. Excuses! Excuses! Excuses! The truth is that I do have time but I have to make myself a priority. If I want to tan, I need to make the time to tan. If I need some new tennis shoes, I need to buy myself some new tennis shoes. When I run out of Arbonne, I need to buy new Arbonne and not sacrifice something I love because its easier to just grab something at Wal-mart. I just need to put myself first sometimes.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I welcomed both a new neice and a new nephew this year! My sister had Brynna in March and Erin had Lowen in November. One of my best friends Chelsea gave birth to an adorable little boy, Bobby, in April and our friends Curtis and Sunni had yet another adorable little boy, Gage, in October.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, we lost our beloved dog Dutch last February.

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico! (on our cruise)


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A new baby. Or even getting pregnant would be fine. (same answer as last year!)

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March - because we went on our first big vacation together, June 25th - Tylee's 2nd birthday, August - because we bought a camper!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I feel like I have found a balance again. The first year and a half of Tylee's life was hard. I felt like I was just doing the minimum in a lot of areas and barely getting by. Now I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, employee, and friend.

9. What was your biggest failure? I guess gaining back most of the weight I had lost after Tylee. If that is my only issue I consider life pretty good!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing that is worthy enough to even note.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I upgraded my camera from my XSi to the new 60D and we purchased a camper. I honestly can't pick between the two!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I am blessed with many great relationships in my life.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, paying off credit cards, and the camper.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Buying our camper. I never thought in a million years Tj would want a camper. Something about having a little girl that loves every second of it changes everything.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Let's change this to "artist" and I'm going to say Taylor Swift.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, Fatter, probably the same financially

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more alone time with Tj

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Telling Tylee to "wait just a minute" or "in a second"

20. How did you spend Christmas? With family and back and forth to Chanute


21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I fell in love with a little girl named Brynna and a handsome little boy named Lowen.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Survivor and Greys Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.

24. What was the best book you read? Unfortunately, I haven't read a book.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Same 'ol thing.

26. What did you want and get? A camper and a camera upgrade.

27. What did you want and not get? Carat diamond earrings, I think these will be on my list for a long time. Oh, and a new baby.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I think the only movie I've watched this year is Tangled with Tylee. So yah, that.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Nothing comes to mind. I turned 27.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having another baby but I honestly don't know if it can get much better than this right now.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfortable

32. What kept you sane? TJ

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I guess I'll say the people with reality shows. So that would be Kendra and The Kardashians. I was pretty wrapped up in The Hills drama too.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? I have absolutely no interest in politics what-so-ever. Maybe one of these days I'll care.

35. Who did you miss? My family in Chanute.

36. Who was the best new person you met? I haven't officially met her but my online (used to be camera friend but now is everything friend) Amanda is pretty awesome.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Everything changes quickly. Good or bad, the season will change and there will be new worries and new joys.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. We'll just do a whole song. Better Together, Jack Johnson (I'm going to keep that the same)

No comments: