11.22.2010

Stream of Consciousness

I am definitely one of these people this year. I've totally skipped Thanksgiving and am so excited about Christmas! Something about having a toddler that somewhat understands what is going on has boosted my Christmas spirit tenfold. I picked Tylee up from Daycare the other day and Jamie had said they talked about Santa. I hadn't even thought to mention Santa yet! What was I thinking! Unfortunately, the next morning Tylee woke up crying, "When is Santa going to come to my house?" Its gonna be a long month!
We had a busy weekend but it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time! It was 70 degrees out on Saturday so Tj and I got our outside lights up. I'm glad to have that over. I've been wanting to get Tylee a tree for her room ever since she was born but have been trying to only do things once they become age-appropriate. Once she got gung-ho about Santa, I couldn't wait to get her a tree and get it put up. I wanted to get her a hot pink one but am impatient and Wal-mart didn't have hot pink (the pale pink was ugly) so I settled and got her the white one. I think it turned out cute but I've already re-decorated it twice. My care factor is plummeting quickly. After we got it all set up, Tylee went and got her chairs and her bear and sat in front of it in awe. It was possibly the cutest thing I've seen her do yet! She even got her bear something to snack on while they watched! (Notice the bear sitting in the tree? I don't know what he was doing. I found a donut on it later that night too.) After we got the tree and lights done, we went with Daddy to do some training with Boone. It was such a beautiful fall day, I was up for anything outside! Tylee was looking for deer with her "noculars", that she mysteriously saw several times. Daddy and I never saw them. And Boone was looking for this guy...which he found! So thank you Fall, for the perfect family weekend. Looks like it may've been our nice last one till Spring. That just means we are that much closer to Christmas!

1 comment:

Sunni said...

GREAT POST! I love the tree and her eager spirit! Too, too cute! Still, Happy Thanksgiving to you all. =)