11.21.2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy! This is one of my favorite parts about Thanksgiving! This is probably number 1 of 3 of these that I will make in the next week. Love!
Chast of Characters:
2 (8 oz) packages softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash of Ground Cloves, Nutmeg
Graham Cracker Crust
Crust: (I've used ready-to-use Graham Cracker Crust plenty of times in this recipe and it works fine. I've also used regular dough crust and it is good too. I'm watching my pennies this year and the ready-to-use crust was $1 more. If you buy the box, you get twice as many crumbs so I went that route.) Mix 1 1/4 cups Graham Crackers Crumbs, 3 Tbls sugar, and 1/3 cup melted butter and mix until blended. Press firmly into pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool, chill, and fill. Filling:
Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and continue to mix until combined. Reserve 1 cup of plain cheesecake mixture. Pour remaining batter into pie crust. Add pumpkin and spices into reserved cup of plain batter. Mix well and top cheesecake batter with the pumpkin. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Serve cold with whipped cream! (I would cut it and show you a picture but I'm going to try and resist this pie. I'm sure I'll have my fair share of pies #2 and #3 in the next couple of days.) Cover and store leftover pie in refrigerator.

No comments: