11.17.2010

Melissa & Doug

Have you noticed the lights starting to appear on roof-tops? Heard the music? Seen the god awful displays at Wal-mart? Christmas is coming sooner than later and I thought it would be fun to do a Christmas Edition of Tylee's Favorite Things! (Again, I feel like I have to give credit where credit is due, and I totally stole this idea from Jen.) There are only a few shopping weeks left and I have no idea what Santa is bringing Tylee. I want to get her a Doll House and Tj wants to get her a real deal 4-wheeler. Stay tuned to see how that works out. :-/ One thing I know Tylee would be ecstatic to get from Santa are some more Melissa and Doug puzzles. Credit? 100% to my sister-in-law Erin. Sorry Bubby, but I'm guessing you didn't know about Melissa and Doug puzzles until you met Erin. Tylee loves these things. I got Tylee her 1st puzzle when she was probably a year old. It didn't click at all so we put it back up. I asked her Parents as Teachers lady when puzzles came into play and she said most kids grasp puzzles between 1.5 and 2 years old. Tylee got her first M&D puzzle last Christmas on her 1.5 year birthday and she picked it up right away. They are such nice puzzles with bright colors, chunky pieces, great quality, and very afforable! The cheapo puzzle we bought Tylee at Wal-mart is sitting on the shelf collecting dust but her M&D Puzzles get taken down almost every night. Tylee must have good taste like her Aunt Erin. Note to anyone except for Bubby and Erin, you may not want to buy her any because I think we have most of them already!
(I would recommend these for kids ages 1-2. Tylee has almost outgrown them and is ready to move on to bigger and better things!)

3 comments:

Wyatt's Momma said...

Wyatt loves his M&D puzzles and toys! I love them too!! :)

amanda said...

we don't have any of those. i think i should steal you idea and get james some for christmas. thanks for sharing!

Chris and Darci said...

im with amanda! we have the melissa and doug blocks, but i didn't know there was puzzles! christmas here we come! thanks for the idea!