10.14.2010

Happy Fall, Ya'll

Have I mentioned before I live in the boondocks? Yes, very few people will actually see my fall display. I know this, yet still do it every year because I enjoy it. I thought it would be fun to decorate with Tylee this year but she was over it in about 2.5 seconds. Maybe next year. Summer didn't get the memo that it was over until well after all the corn stalks were cut. I thought about getting them in early September but it was still 100+ degrees and Fall was far from my mind. I've hunted high and low for some but I'm officially giving up my hunt. (Unless anyone knows where I can get some?) This is out by our drive and didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped. Again, its missing corn stalks but I also need a few more pumpkins. Or sunflowers. Or something. But I'm tired of looking for stuff and December will be here before I know it. This is on the front porch and will be much cuter when my Mum blooms. If it ever does - I don't tend to have good luck with Mums. And aren't they like the easier plant ever? These displays change daily as Boone and Tylee both like to play with the pumpkins and gords. Boone more than Tylee, which is unfortunate because I'm not sure how much longer they are goin to last.

These are the 3 fall things that I have inside. I love my table. The actual table itself is some friends of ours and as soon as they build their forever home, it goes back to them. Its going to be a sad, sad day. The pumpkin is new this year and has been calling my name ever since I saw it at Wal-mart in August. Again, August = hot so I was far from thinking about Pumpkins. I was lucky enough to buy the last one on the shelf a couple of weeks ago! Thank goodness. I would've regretted not buying it. It needs something but I can't put my finger on it quite yet so its fine for now. Any ideas? The coffee candle is a repeat from last year but with fresh coffee. Yum! My house smells good! Welcome Fall.

1 comment:

amanda said...

i love your decorations and i love them even more bc you didn't them for yourself and tylee and no one else. they're perfect!