Click to Enlarge
I think after this Tylee may be trained to say, "Trick-or-Treat" instead of please. It used to be when I asked her, "What are you supposed to say?" the answer was please. The last few days, the answer has been Trick-or-Treat. I hope we can break that habit!
I bribed Tylee to get down with a Cheeto from the food table and apparently she noticed the Mummy cupcakes. Over the next hour, she told me several times she wanted a "Yummy" and I had no idea what she was talking about. I turned around a bit later to find her with her "Yummy". She obviously helped herself to the food table. She liked everything but the raisins. Typical, huh? After she got her cupcake, she was good-to-go and joined right in with the big kids. Jennifer had gotten the Halloween version of Kids Bop and they all loved it. They just ran around, chased, and danced for hours. After a quick game of Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin, it was time for the pinata. I figured Tylee was too little but she loved it! When they (finally!) busted the Pinata, all sorts of candy and treats fell out. I'm tellin ya, Jennifer did such a great job! Anyways, there was a spider ring in Tylee's reach and I hollered at her to grab it. Rather than grab it, she runs over, stomps on it, and says, "I got it Mama."
These are the 3 fall things that I have inside. I love my table. The actual table itself is some friends of ours and as soon as they build their forever home, it goes back to them. Its going to be a sad, sad day. The pumpkin is new this year and has been calling my name ever since I saw it at Wal-mart in August. Again, August = hot so I was far from thinking about Pumpkins. I was lucky enough to buy the last one on the shelf a couple of weeks ago! Thank goodness. I would've regretted not buying it. It needs something but I can't put my finger on it quite yet so its fine for now. Any ideas? The coffee candle is a repeat from last year but with fresh coffee. Yum! My house smells good! Welcome Fall.
- Whenever you call Tylee anything but her name, she quickly corrects you. I'll say, "Good night Monkey." She'll say, "I not a Monkey. I Tylee Jo."
- She knows she lives in Pawsons. "I Tylee Jo Trollope and I live in Pawsons."
- Tj was skimming the paper the other day and asked Tylee if she wanted a little dog. She replied with, "No. I want my Boemy back." It was just her luck he was coming home the next day.
- The other day I told her my name was Chelse Trollope and she got mad. "You not Trollope. I Tylee Jo Trollope. You Chelse."
- She loves to eat at "Donalds".
- She has recently started answering with, "Yes." Its very pronounced and official when she says it. Its really funny and I wish I could type it the way she says it. Maybe I'll get a video soon.
- I heard her tell her Teddy Bear the other night, "Don't worry little lady, I will save you." Tj's first reaction was that she has been watching too many Princess movies.
- If you ask her something in the format of, "Tylee, do you want to eat dinner or not?" If she doesn't want too, she says, "Not." Or, "Tylee, do you want to get in the tub or not?" She replies with, "Not."
- I was in the tub the other morning and gave her a brand new bottle of Cetaphil that I needed to take back. I asked her to please take it to the kitchen. I haven't seen the Cetaphil since.
- Tylee has told me to "Vamanos!" more than once lately. And even funnier, she says it in the right context! Uhoh! Is she watching too much Dora also?
But today, I did it. I caved. I bought some not-totally-off-brand but not-totally-name-brand boots. They were buy one get one half off and there was NOTHING else in the store that appealed to me for myself, or Tylee. So we now have matching off-brand Ugg boots. And I'm not sure how I feel about that either. Ridiculously cute? Or just plain ridiculous?
The whistle blew and Boone and his trainer headed out into this big field with 3 judges. Boone had to find and point the bird, hold the point for 5 seconds, the gunman then flushed and shot the bird, and Boone had to retrieve it and bring it back within one step. Sounds easy, right? Not so much. I'm happy to report that only 4 out of 16 dogs passed that day. Boone was one of them.
I should also note that there is a water retrieval part to the test but unfortunatley, one thing I've learned as a Mom is when duty calls - there is no escaping it. Naptime won fair-and-square but apparently, the field trial is the hard part. Once that was in the bag, the rest was a given. Thank God Boone proved that to be true.