9.16.2010

Surgery Update

So, I had my gallbladder out on Monday morning. I have been having trouble with it for a couple of years but only recently diagnosed the problem. I was in surgery by 7am and home before noon. From Monday morning until yesterday afternoon, I think I was only awake for 10 of those 60 hours. I think the worst is over as far as surgery related pain but I am still fighting my pain meds and nausea. I knew this would happen, I always get sick after surgery. The pain pills make me nauseous so I pair them with some anti-nausea meds, which make me zombie-like and very sleepy. I wrote an email I don't remember writing, I sent a text message that made no sense at all and have no idea what I was trying to say, and threw the brand new loaf of bread in the trash. I hate pain pills. I don't see the addiction. I've been able to go quite a few hours at a time without any meds in my system so I think the end is near. Hopefully I can keep stretching them out longer and longer and be off of them before next week. Boy, was I wrong when I thought this was just a simple outpatient procedure. I guess I used my almost non-existant stomach muscles more than I thought. I told Tj that I think this has been worse than my C-section. Thankfully, I should be on my way to a speedy recovery from here.
Tylee has been great through all this, thanks to Mr. Mom taking such great care of her. She knows that I have "ouchies" and walks around non-stop saying, "Mommy sore. Mommy has ouchies. The doctor hurt Mama." I miss snuggling her and holding her but it should all be over soon enough.

4 comments:

Ashley R said...

Having your gallbladder out sucks. I had all kinds of complications too. I don't understand all these pp who say it's a piece of cake. You'll be able to function in a couple of days. Total BS to make you feel better I guess. LOL :) Feel better soon.

Chris and Darci said...

feel better chelse! when you weren't emailing back i knew you must be out of it!

Jen said...

Hope you feel much better soon!!

Wyatt's Momma said...

Hope you start feeling better soon!! Sounds like you have a good helper taking care of you and your ouchies. :)