8.08.2010

Baby Shower - Part 1

My bed is calling my name and has been for a couple hours now. Yes, my bedtime is around 8pm. Okay, 9pm in a worst-case scenario. Anyways, I told myself I had to get this posted before I called it quits for the day. I'll post more details later (and after I get permission to show some of these pictures - 1) most pregnant people I know don't love having pictures taken of themselves, although Kaylee may be the cutest little pregnant gal I've ever seen. 2) I want to double check with a couple people to make sure it's okay I put pictures of their kids on the blog.)

I've been dying to show someone these decorations since they came in the mail last weekend, yet wanted it to be a surpise for Kaylee and also didn't want to share some of them without sharing all of them. I think everything came together wonderfully. I cannot give enough credit and thanks for my friend Alicia for making the flowers, confetti, and banner for me. I hear punching 500 pieces of confetti is not fun. I can't imagine but appreciate every ounce of hard work. I assumed sewing 500 pieces of confetti would be hard work also and truthfully, was dreading it. I was pleasantly suprised when it took me all of 60 seconds to sew 1 strand together. 20 minutes later and VOILA!

You'd also be suprised what an $.84 pot, some pink spray paint, and a paper shredder can do!

3 comments:

Sunni said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Jen said...

Cute decorations!!! You're so crafty!

alicia said...

I heart these! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting! I promise I wasn't stalking you though. lol