8.19.2010

23 Things I Learned Camping

  • If it takes 4 hours to get there in a car, plan another couple hours pulling a camper.
  • I need to learn how to relax.
  • Internet is a must.
  • We need to buy a TV.
  • The bathhouse is not near as bad as I used to think.
  • Camping would not be fun if I did not enjoy cooking.
  • Years of watching my Dad cook over an open fire at the lake paid off.
  • Tylee does not know if we are .5 miles from home or 300 miles from home.
  • Don't ask a 2-year old what her favorite part about camping was. I promise you will be disapointed when they say, "Coloring."
  • It is just as hot in Arkansas as it is in Kansas.
  • Our camper was the perfect size for the 3 of us.
  • Take more than 1 outfit a day for Tylee. Camping is a lot dirtier than playing at home!
  • There is nothing better than spending 4 days alone with the 2 people I love the most.
  • I need to teach my husband to take pictures of me. I really was on this trip.
  • Don't show Tylee the playground on the very 1st day next time. Unless all you want to hear is, "I wanna see the playground, Mommy. I wanna see the playground."
  • The scenery in Arkansas is beautiful.
  • A 2-year old screaming, "Look! Deer Mommy! Deer!" will scare them away quickly.
  • Have pool. Will travel. Brilliant!
  • Play-Dough is more fun for both Tylee and I when she is playing with it outside.
  • Soak up every moment.
  • We are still learning which shoe goes on which foot.
  • It baffles me that Tylee is big enough to put her own shoes on.
  • It baffles me Tylee is big enough to play on the playground all by herself.
  • 4 Days goes by way too quickly.

1 comment:

Chris and Darci said...

Love this post! So cute! Looks like you had a great time! I'm jealous!