6.21.2010

All good things...

must come to an end. And we are at the end of my 4-day weekend. Don't fret my friends, I have a 3-day weekend next week followed up by another 4-day weekend. Life is good. I don't have a lot to say but know my sister, Grandma, and Patsy are anxiously awaiting another blog post. I'm sure my weekend events are at the bottom of everyone else's list of things you are wondering about but I'll continue anyways.
Friday we had Tylee's 2-year pictures at Bishops Studio in Pittsburg. I've always drooled over Bishops but since we were having pictures every 3 months, I knew I couldn't afford it. Now that we have a whole year before we'll get professional pictures? Bishops here I come! Lindsey takes her kids there and their pictures are to die for! I've been very, very, very pleased with my photographers thus far but Bishops just takes things to a whole new level. I hope I get to share them with you but last I knew, you had to spend over $1,000 before they would put your pictures online. See? A whole new level. I know they've broken that rule for Lindsey before so I'm going to try to use my best bargaining skills and see what I can do. Anyways, the pictures went great and I cannot wait to see them.
My Mom and I headed to Joplin after the pictures to do a little birthday shopping. I ordered most of my stuff online but needed to pick up a few more plates and such. I think I'm ready other than my final grocery trip on Friday. I'll have a birthday post soon.

The rest of the weekend was spent in our swimming suits at home. Swimming lessons wore me out and for once, I was happy to stay home all weekend! Tj had also been working a different job and we've only seen each other in passing the last two weeks. We played in Tylee's little pool during the day Saturday and that evening we went to his cousins wedding reception. Tylee was a dancing fool. I was grinning from ear-to-ear watching her dance. I swear, I never knew true happiness until I had her.

Tylee and I spent Father's Day at home with her Daddy. I didn't have anything special planned but was excited to spend the day at home with him. I made him his favorite meal (steak and potatoes) and again, we spent the day playing in Tylee's little pool. Tylee took a 4.5 hour nap so Mommy and Daddy got some much needed down time as well.

And that brings us to today. Exciting stuff, huh? Good thing I have cute pictures to lure you in. Even after her 4-hour nap, Tylee (and Mommy) slept in until after 9am. 5:30am is going to come awful early in the morning when we have to get up for work! We went to the library a few weeks ago and checked out some books. Of course, we ended up bringing home a Diego book. It was due today so we headed to the library to return it and check out a few new ones. I thought it was going to be very tramatic but she dropped it in the box and walked away without a fuss. We headed straight for the "D's" and grabbed another one. We also got a Dora Birthday book! When we got home, we headed down to the beach to swim. Tylee was weirded out by the sand and Daddy got called to go to work, so we didn't stay long. And that brings us to now! Tylee has been asleep for almost 3 hours and I've been relaxing and getting the house in order for her birthday party next weekend! I am so excited. I wish she knew to be excited because I think she is going to have SO much fun. I hope to have a birthday sneak peak up sometime soon. And that concludes the most boring post ever. What can I say? I'm in a blog rut.

No comments: