5.19.2010

Stream of Consciousness

Remember this little dog? Well, little is no more! He is a horse! He already weighs 50 pounds and is growing quickly. Word to the wise, do not space your dogs out by 13 years. It is hard going from a 13 year old trained dog to a new puppy. He is doing really well but I am ready for him to know all the rules and be calm. He does great with Tylee but when the big kids are here, he doesn't realize how big he is and gets a little too excited.He did great modeling for me while I tried to shoot in some different light. I'm normally safe and just take snaps in the shade but my friend Amanda snagged me this wonderful UnManual from the Momtog blog, which gives some great tips for shooting with backlight and sunshine. *Note the two really big shadows in front of Boone - so obviously I did something wrong but what can I say, I'm learning. Of course, I had to take some of miss Tylee too. I think they were a little more successful. Good light isn't something we've came across a lot lately. I am so sick of this weather. I guess, aren't we all? We started working 4 10-hour days at work. Our schedule is now 7am-5:30pm. It is only the first week but so far I think I am going to love it. I wasted a lot of time getting ready in the mornings (aka laying in the tub watching the news) so by cutting that out, I am only getting up 30 minutes earlier. We'll see what happens the longer this goes but for now, I think the loss of sleep is worth 4-day weekends (mixed in with some 2 or 3-day weekends)!! I can't see myself changing my mind about that anytime soon. I'm going to try to spend a majority of my extra days off one-on-one with Tylee. Since spring has hit, it seems like we haven't spent much quality time together. We don't read books and color anymore. We play outside, go to the park, and have barbecues. Our time outside is only going to be amplified once we can SWIM! Ugh, I cannot wait. I know that any time together counts but sometimes at the end of the day, I miss her. Even though we've been together for 12 hours straight, I feel like I haven't spent much time with her. Hopefully we can use these days to squeeze in some extra activities (coloring, painting, reading, shape sorting, ect). And because I can't think of a way to close - I'll leave you with a picture of "Boem-Boem."

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love the back light through Tylee's hair! Good job!!! I can't wait to try it out. This sucky weather has ruined my practice time!!!