5.09.2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Tylee,
I know its Mother's Day and techinically you should be the one writing me and telling me thank you for being your Mom, but that isn't going to happen for quite a few more years. In fact, if you are anything like me, you probably won't realize what Mother's Day is all about until you have a child of your own. I truly only realized how my Mom felt about me - after I had you. However, I don't feel like you need to thank me for anything. You have given me so much joy, I feel that I owe you the world. I feel like I'm the lucky one. I am the lucky one - to have you as my daughter.
I cannot even put my feelings for you into words. You are my whole life. I honestly did not know what love was until I had you. I have a purpose now. And that purpose is being your Mom. It is the hardest yet most rewarding job that I have ever done in my entire life. I cannot be replaced by anyone. Your love for me is truly unconditional.
I've loved you from the moment I knew you were in my belly. Seeing you for the first time took my breath away. But now...your hugs and kisses are the best thing in the world. Your sweet little voice and oh-so-often giggles make my ears tingle. Seeing that smile makes my heart melt. I love the way your little hand wraps around my fingers when we go for a walk. I love the way you make sure my legs are crossed just right before you sit in my lap to read a book. You are really expressing emotion these days and to know that I'm loved back is such a beautiful thing...a random kiss, a big hug, snuggles before bed, and even saying I love you (Waaa-oooo). Aw, talk about making my heart melt. Even your Daddy didn't sweep me off my feet this hard. :-D

Seeing you hurt or scared makes my heart skip a beat. I want to protect you from everything in this world that I can. Your Daddy and I have tried hard to make you feel like the most important thing in this world. Hearing strangers comment on your confidence makes us proud. That is all I could've hoped for and more. You make me so proud already Tylee. I cannot wait and see what you accomplish in life. You are off to a great start. I cannot say thank you enough. Thank you for being my daughter.

I love you.
Always and Forever.
Mommy

3 comments:

Mrs. Hale said...

Happy Mother's Day, Chelse!!!

I love (LOVE!) your post!

Andrea said...

Love the hand holding picture! Might have to copy! Happy Mothers Day!!

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day Chelse! Tylee is so lucky to have you for her Mommy!!