4.18.2010

Spring has sprung!

Spring has sprung and we have already started our weekly park routine. I'm going to have to get more creative with my pictures or you guys are going to get bored quickly. I am already in awe of how much easier an almost 2-year old is over an almost 1-year old. Tylee climbed and slid, climbed and slid, climbed and slid - and all I had to do is help her with the first step. I had a baaaaad case of baby fever all winter. Now that I've gotten a glimpse into the pages of our summer, I'm not so sure I want to revert back to June of '08 with a newborn, or June of '09 with a 1-year old. I fell head over heels in love with motherhood but I'm not going to lie, it was HARD. Tylee wasn't hard at all. I'll go on record and say she was the best baby ever. (Of course I'm not at all biased, I'm just her Mom.) The hard part was no longer being in control of my life. You want to lay out? It's too hot for the baby. You want to have a beer? You can't, you are nursing. Boating, anyone? Ugh, they don't make lifejackets that small. There was a point last spring/summer that even family-friendly events weren't fun. Backyard barbecues were a mess because I didn't want her crawling in the grass. Even if there was a safe spot for her to sit and play, I couldn't relax for fear of her eating an earthworm or a leaf. Once she started walking, she didn't understand boundaries. If people were gathered in the backyard, Tylee wanted to aimlessly toddle to the front yard. The Zoo was okay but she didn't really understand. Swimming was fun but she was a little too uneasy for either of us to enjoy ourself. We did have a couple fabulous weekends at the lake but again, it was a lot of work for Mom!
I am soooo excited to start this next chapter of our life. Everyday when I get off work, I wonder what adventure we are going to go on that night. Bubbles? Watering flowers? Sidewalk chalk? I cannot wait to sit back this summer and watch Tylee experience life. I get so excited thinking about family vacations, waterparks, petting zoos, fishing, the lake, boating, and swimming pools. Boy does a year change everything. I'm going to enjoy every second of this summer with my little big girl. My baby fever is at bay...for now.

1 comment: