3.05.2010

Day One

We left this at 5am.
And were graciously welcomed to this. I didn't have high expectations of Miami but thankfully, we weren't staying there long. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful!But this, oh this, was even more beautiful!In the norm, I am a forum junkie. It was no different when we decided we were going on vacation. I read every forum I could find about cruising and felt very well informed on what to bring, how to pack, what to expect, and how things would happen. Carnival definitely has their stuff together and embarkation was VERY well organized. We got to the ship and out of the taxi around 12:30 and were in our room well before 2:00pm.
We weren't in our room long before we headed out to get some grub and check out this view! I was in awe. The scenery was nice too but the food! Oh, the food! Ha! There was everything you could ever imagine. Fancy salads and fish in the formal dining room (yuck!), a hamburger and hot dog buffet complete with french fries, chicken strips, chili, and all the fixens, an American buffet with the best salad bar ever, macaroni, grilled chicken, baked potatoes, meatloaf, prime rib, spaghetti...anything you could ever want for FREE. There was an oriental buffet with stir-fry, pepper steak, broccoli beef, and fried rice. A sushi bar, a sandwich bar, and last but not least, who wouldn't love a 24-hour pizzeria?
We made our way to the pizzeria, got a $25 bucket of beer (ouch!), sat outside on the balcony, and ate our lunch. Most of the scenery above was taken from my chair during lunch. I was on cloud 9. Nothing could've been better at that moment in time. The sun on my arms, beautiful weather, pizza, and an ice cold bucket of beer!
We walked around the ship after lunch, waiting on the Muster Drill. It was a 15-20 minute drill on how to get in the life-boats in case of an emergency. Again, Carnival was very organized in getting over 2,000 people schooled on how-to-save-their-life in only 20 minutes time. Props to them. We finished out our day on the Lido Deck with a "Set Sail Party". That deck was like heaven on earth to me. Sun, music, an outside bar, and lots of people to "people-watch". All this and we hadn't even set sail yet! I was standing at the bar with my back to the window when we left port. I could tell the very second we started moving. I looked at Tj and pointed towards the window. He had no idea. The feeling was surreal. We finished up the evening with more food and headed to bed early. It had been a long day and we were set to be in Key West at 7am on Tuesday.

3 comments:

J said...

Chelse, I was on Carnivals "Imagination" boat last year right about this time!!! Good memories :) Glad you and TJ had a great time---can't wait to read more about your trip. Your pictures are making me miss the calmness of a cruise--the gorgeous water, the smell, the feeling of complete warmth from the sun----LOVED IT!!---Tave

Wyatt's Momma said...

day 1 looks great!! can't wait to see what the rest of the trip brings.

Anonymous said...

Awesome trip!! Oh and awesome pics too:)