I'm catching up a little on videos of Tylee (especially since Blogger is cooperating for once). I caught her over in the corner kissing this dog the other day but she stopped as soon as I grabbed the video camera. It isn't as cute the second time around since I had to tell her to kiss it but I thought it was still blog-worthy.
This video is of her being a little squirt the other day in her Jumparoo. We had put the Jumparoo away but that first morning after we lost our roof, I got it out and put her in it while we were moving stuff out. At that point, any extra hands were needed to move our stuff rather than keep track of Tylee. It is still in her nursery and she was really enjoying it the other night. Well, not so much the Jumparoo but throwing her binky out of it.
I also added a video of Tylee eating her cake to the birthday post. Again, not that exciting but still blog-worthy.
Apparently my post last week was confusing. Several people asked what this post was all about. We had Tylee's 1-year professional pictures taken last week and we let her eat her cake for the pictures. I go tomorrow evening to view them and will post the link and password. This was her 2nd-go around with the cake and to be honest, neither of them were too exciting. I thought she was going to pick the whole cake up right off the bat but no such luck...Instead she just ate it like this: Which was cute and clean, but didn't make for many fun and exciting photo-ops. Oh well, at least I didn't have to bathe her in the middle of the party.
After the cake, we had dinner and officially kicked off Tj's section of the party. Poor guy had his birthday party with a pink and purple cake, pink balloons, and no gifts. Guess that's what happens when your daughter is born on your birthday. Never fear - his party was lots more entertaining and lasted well into early morning.
I'm waiting on more pictures from our friend Sunni but wanted to go ahead and post the ones that my sister took. I think Sunni's were more of decoration and guest and Lindsey's were more action type shots. Can you believe I didn't take a picture all day long? It was a nice relief to have two very trusted photographers there. Between the two of them, I don't think we missed a thing!
- The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of your 12-month milestones are your kisses. I keep catching you kissing stuff for no reason what-so-ever. You will kiss anyone good-bye almost always on command. I keep having to remember that everyone doesn't want your open-mouthed slobbery kisses like Mama does.
- You started walking when you were probably 11 months, 1 week old.
- I started incorporating milk around the same time that you started walking. We mixed 4 ounces of formula with 2 ounces of milk. We are now down to 4 ounces of milk with 2 ounces of formula with just plain milk every once in awhile.
- We are almost done phasing out the bottle but it is too easy to just grab and hand you a bottle vs. making you fight that sippy cup. You throw the bottle more than take it though so I'm trying to recognize your signs that you are ready to give it up. You would MUCH rather drink out of a straw than a sippy cup and have been able to suck water up for a couple months now.
- You are still only saying Mama, Dada, and Dutch. I've been noticing an "Uh-oh" sound when you drop (throw) something but am not going to go out on a limb and say that you are saying that yet.
- You eat mostly table food now but G-ma keeps giving you baby food at her house. She doesn't want to give up on the fact that you aren't a baby anymore. :-)
- Favorite toy: Definitely books
- You still only have 3 bottom teeth and no top teeth.
- You sleep from 8pm-6:30am, have a bottle and go back to bed until 7:30 or 8:00.
- You made it an entire year without EVER sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed. That kinda makes me sad but once you can grasp Daddy Home = Tylee's bed vs. Daddy @ work = Mommy's bed, we will have lots of time to snuggle together!
I sent her to G-mas with strict instructions not to get her shirt dirty so maybe I'll get some better pictures tonight. More to come later but I just had to say Happy Birthday to the two loves of my life! (Tylee was born on Tj's birthday)
Invitations have been mailed Shirts have been made
1-year pictures have been taken (hopefully we get a Sneak Peak soon!)
Party supplies have been purchased
Now, all I have to do it sit back, wait, and enjoy my last few days with my baby girl. In 3 days, I will have a Toddler.
I know that Tylee walking is not that exciting. Give me a week and it'll be old news! I can't stop videoing and taking pictures of her! I am still in shock that she is actually walking. (And again...sideways! It isn't sideways on her montage which is really the only thing that matters.)
She has also mastered bending down grabbing something, and standing back up without losing her balance. (And why miss an oppurtunity to show off her cute diaper!)
In other news, we went swimming again yesterday and she LOVED it. Whew! Boy was I relieved. The funniest thing was that she kept sticking her hand down in between her raft and pulling water into her mouth. She must've been thirsty!