1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Gave birth.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I guess my resolution was to do whatever I could do that was the best for my unborn child. I did that. This year my resolutions are to exclusively breast feed Tylee until she is 1 year old and then lose the rest of my baby weight.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Um, not really, just ME!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Fortunately, no.
5. What countries did you visit? None
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Reach my goal weight on WW
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 15th: Tylee's due date and June 25th: Tylee's birthday
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth to a healthy baby girl
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting my weight backslide after giving birth rather than continuing on WW
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just a C-section
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new camera
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My sister. She graduated from college after getting married and having 3 children, 6 and under. Congrats Linds.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I probably shouldn't post the name on the blog because I know they read. However, I am disappointed in someone in Tylee's life and they know who they are. I'd rather me and Tj be disappointed rather than let her get old enough to know him/her and then them disappoint her. No one in our control is going to do that to her.
14. Where did most of your money go? To savings so I could have a good maternity leave
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Giving birth
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I opened ITunes are our top played songs were: That's The Way by the Eli Yound Band, Find Out Who Your Friends Are by Tracy Lawrence, If I Had A Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies, and The Way I Live by Baby Boy De Prince. Quite the Selection!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer? Happier, Fatter, Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more alone time with Tj pre-baby
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas? With Tj and Tylee on Christmas morning, at Nanny and Poppy's Christmas afternoon, then with my Mom, Dad, and Tj's Mom on subsequent days. It was great!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? With a little girl
22. What was your favorite TV program? In general, The Food Network. It is our TV from dusk to dawn on every Saturday and Sunday.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Um. Hate? No. Too strong of word.
24. What was the best book you read? The Twilight Series.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Red Dirt Music
26. What did you want and get? A healthy baby.
27. What did you want and not get? Carat diamond earrings.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't know if I watched one single movie...
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I didn't do anything because I was fat and pregnant. I turned 25.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I know this sounds cheesy and untruthful but I would guess anyone having their 1st child would agree, there is nothing in this world more satisfying than having your 1st baby.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Somewhat "Motherly" because of Maternity clothes and the first few months after giving birth but I am getting back in the swing of things.
32. What kept you sane? TJ
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Embarrassingly...I guess the most mentioned celebs were probably Brad and Angelina, Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo, Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer, Heath Ledger's death, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montanna, and Britney
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential election
35. Who did you miss? Brecca, Braylee, and Brax
36. Who was the best new person you met? Tylee
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Having a child is the BEST thing that you will ever do in your entire life. The love that you feel for a child will never compare to any love that you have had in your entire life.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I might come back and fill this in but I have no idea at the moment.
Barack Obama was nominated as the first African American president when you were 4 months old. Even in 2008, lots of people still have have reservations about this. I hope that you grow up in a world where there is no more prejudicism.
The economy is in a recession. To be honest, I don't really pay attention to that stuff but I do notice that everything is more expensive. When you are bigger, I'm sure people will talk about the recession of 2008 but other than mentioning it, I don't have much else to say about it.
When I met your Daddy he was into his racecar, then his little green truck (which will be yours one day if you want it...) but now he is on a hunting kick. He is trying to get a bird dog trained before Dice, his 10 year old bird dog, is gone. He has been buying guns, raising birds, and going on hunting trips. The perfect gift for him this Christmas would be a new Benelli. That isn't what he is getting but that is what he asked for. Maybe when you are older and have a job we can split a gift for Daddy and get him what he really wants. Haha. Another hobby of Daddy's right now is cooking. His pride and joy is his Traeger Grill. He cooks dinner for us on the grill 3 or 4 days a week. No complaints there!
We also have another child, your puppy Dutch. He is a 10 year old Boston Terrier. Daddy had him for 5 years before he met Mommy but it was love at first sight for me and Dutchy. We've said 1,000 times since you were born that we wish we could start all over with Dutch so that you would know him before he dies. He is still very healthy and we hope he is around long enough so that you'll remember him.
We got on our Christmas Pj's and then went to look at Christmas lights. When Daddy was a little boy he used to go look at lights on Christmas Eve and would always catch Santa on this one roof in town. We tried to go there first so that we could see Santa before you fell asleep. Sure enough, Santa was on the roof waving to all the cars driving by.
We sat out milk and cookies and put Tylee to bed. Let's hope santa comes!
Nurse: Tylee is the last name?
I called 5 or 6 different people and they all told me different things. I have a cousin who is an ER nurse in Chanute and a friend that is an ER nurse in Parsons. They said totally different things. :-) So at this point, I'm watching her temperature, nursing her more to stay hydrated, and checking for wet diapers. That is a combination of all the info that I got tonight. We'll see what the doctor says in the morning.
Oh, and Tylee is acting just fine. Not overly happy, not overly fussy...just sleepy and whiny. That was my deciding factor to not go to the ER.